Sunday 16 June 2013

Restoring Linux Ubuntu Citrix Receiver Keyboard Shortcuts

Recently I did a complete upgrade of my Kubuntu OS which managed to break one of my few useful utilities - Citrix Xenapp receiver.

First it segfault'ed all the time (more to come) but secondly it also got rid of all my keyboard shortcuts!

I couldn't quit Xenapp when it was full screen without forcibly killing the application (killall `pidof wfica`). The Ctrl-F2 shortcut had been wiped.

So the fix was as follows.

Check to make sure both your ~/.ICAClient/appsrv.ini and ~/.ICAClient/wfclient.ini both have the following shortcut mappings right after the [WFCLIENT] tag:


 Hotkey1Char=F1  
 Hotkey1Shift=Shift  
 Hotkey2Char=F3  
 Hotkey2Shift=Shift  
 Hotkey3Char=F2  
 Hotkey3Shift=Shift  
 Hotkey4Char=F1  
 Hotkey4Shift=Ctrl  
 Hotkey5Char=F2  
 Hotkey5Shift=Ctrl  
 Hotkey6Char=F2  
 Hotkey6Shift=Alt  
 Hotkey7Char=plus  
 Hotkey7Shift=Alt  
 Hotkey8Char=minus  
 Hotkey8Shift=Alt  
 Hotkey9Char=F3  
 HotKey9Shift=Ctrl  
 Hotkey10Char=F5  
 HotKey10Shift=Ctrl  
 Hotkey11Char=plus  
 Hotkey11Shift=Ctrl  
 Hotkey12Char=plus  
 Hotkey12Shift=Ctrl  
 Hotkey13Char=plus  
 Hotkey13Shift=Ctrl  
Now I can Ctrl-F2 and Alt-Tab to my next local application REF: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX140219

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Can we just autofill city and state? Please!

Coming from a country that is not the US where zip/postal codes are hyper specific, it always drives me nuts when you are filling in a form ...