Wednesday 25 July 2012

Where have you gone?

I'm sure many of you are hanging on tenterhooks for my next blog post. To be brief, I have just graduated and am taking a (well earned?) break. Have been travelling around Eastern Europe by train and now currently in the south of Spain.

Therefore, I haven't had much of a chance to keep up on news though someone did send me this which was definitely pretty big news and interesting comparison. It's a comparison of video transcoding using the two services. Amazon wins but I think it's pretty likely the gap will narrow shortly. Google to compete with Amazon's EC2 is big!...see my previous post for a look at the Amazon GPU infrastructure. When I get the time I will perform a comparison with the Google GPU infrastructure if it ever becomes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Can we just autofill city and state? Please!

Coming from a country that is not the US where zip/postal codes are hyper specific, it always drives me nuts when you are filling in a form ...