Tuesday 9 April 2013

Citrix MultiMonitor Pass Config Parameters From Web Interface

Clearly I don't post on here any more but here is a useful thing I found the other day.

Whenever I want to work from home I have to the citrix web interface to launch a remote session. At home I have a dual monitor linux ubuntu setup using my gtx 560 and the standard (for now) nvidia drivers that come with kubuntu - using twinview.

When I open my citrix connection from the browser (uses xendesktop) I cant get the remote session to span all my screens. I can expand and stretch but not achieve full fullscreen.

I fixed this by doing the following to my bashrc, adding:

export WFICA_OPTS="-span a"

This is a useful environment variable that is passed in when you load citrix from the web interface - otherwise there is no mechanism to pass args in.

This caused my citrix session to span both my monitors when I configured it to fullscreen seamless from the web UI (this is a vital step).

Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Can we just autofill city and state? Please!

Coming from a country that is not the US where zip/postal codes are hyper specific, it always drives me nuts when you are filling in a form ...